Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's all in the process

I've been meaning to share this painting progression for a while now.
I painted this for my younger brother who's attending Mississippi State and he's a HUGE fan. So for Christmas I did this bulldog for him (it's his school's mascot). It surprised me how relatively easy this was from start to finish. Took me only a few days. I have to admit it was nice to get into acrylic after using watercolors for so long. Well here it is!
Initial sketch



Laying in some darks


I decided to add MSU's colors maroon and white in the background



Done! The finished piece!

That's all for now, but I'm working on a couple projects now and hopefully I'll be getting those started and have a nice cohesive collection going. I love starting something new!
My problem is finishing it....

2 comments: