Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jude Gestures! (Art Mama Series Part 1)

Here lately life has turned into a steady routine. It's nice, actually, and it works well for us. Part of that routine is the park. Jude and I go pretty frequently. Mainly because I have no backyard and sometimes, we just need to get out of the house. A change of scenery and some sunshine work wonders for the both of us. We go to break up the routine and now it has become my favorite part of the routine (go figure).
Usually I just walk with him in the stroller,  but other times I bring a blanket and spread out on the grass and he plays with toys (and explores the grass) and I do some sketching.
You have never done speed drawing unless you're trying to draw a very active nine month old boy! I do enjoy the challenge though and I am surprised how much of an impression I got from gesture drawing for the few seconds he sat still before moving. Also this was all while stopping him from trying to eat leaves and acorns (everything still goes into his mouth).


I also want to start a series here on the blog on how I incorporate Jude into my art. Aptly called the Art Mama Series. Whether its sketching/drawing him, or dragging him to various art functions I want to really involve Jude into my process and into the arts in every way. I also want to begin allowing him to grow up in a highly creative environment which allows him to experiment, imagine and create. I know it will be messy and hectic but it is something I truly want in my life and his.






The "Jude Gestures"

So hopefully you guys will get to see how this all progresses and plays out. I can't wait to see where this takes me as an artist and as a parent.

Catie

2 comments:

  1. Jude is so lucky he will grow up submerged in the art community! Its important for you to continue your art (for your own personal health), but the fact that you are able to successfully incorporate him into it too is so admirable!

    ReplyDelete